Wednesday 14 November 2012

Ballaglass

 
PS Yet more wet leaves.
 
Wednesday 14th November, 2012

I must apologise for the surfeit of photos.  But, considering the number that I took, you are lucky that I didn't send even more!  I decided to split the photos into two batches to keep the main email under 2MB.
 
 

Soon after leaving the car park we saw this little beech tree.  Made me think of Kipling - If you can keep your leaves when all about you  are losing theirs . . . 



A view from the road down to Port Cornaa.  A variety of trees in the valley behind a row of ivy covered ashes.



On the Barony path we passed this popular picnic site by the river.  Very tough (or maybe very stupid) people have been known to swim in the pool below the little waterfall.



And after our coffee break we passed this peaceful scene . . . a field of loaghtan sheep . . . with North Barrule in the background.



Our faithful companion, Danny.  I wasted a lot of time trying to get a good photo of him.  Tim took one and it was better than any of mine.  I think Danny may have been watching me while I was photographing some yellow stagshorn fungus which was growing on the old stump.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment